The Brief

After researching some different music video briefs I then needed to decide which one I wanted to move forward with, I would need to take in every factor and see which one would allow me to not only create something that looked professional and fitted to the brief but something that I would also enjoy making with the potential of getting some feedback from either the artist or the targeted audience. I’d also take into consideration the themes that run within the song, the audience its aimed at and the style of music it is and if I would be able to come up with something that would match. After taking everything into consideration I have decided to go with the Royskopp brief. After listening to the song I could start to imagine what I wanted parts of it to look like, the fact its a fast paced electronic song but with meaningful lyrics allows me to explore many avenues and techniques within animation. I want to show a lot of techniques within the animation to showcase my skills and having a fast paced song will allow me to jump from one technique to another without it looking strange as many things are going to be happening within the video. The audience the song is aimed at is my age and would allow me to research into something that I’m not only interested in but something that is within my age group, not only this but I also enjoy the song which will allow me to be invested within the project as I am going to enjoy every aspect of it. With Royksopp not being too mainstream and the competition for their music video over I would not be able to showcase my work on Genero’s website. Like previously said with Royksopp not being too mainstream there is a possibility I would be able to contact them, send them my work and get some feedback from them the creators of the song, which would be a huge compliment to my work.

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 21.32.59