Researching Music Videos Part 3

After researching into colour and how the background can make a huge difference within a video I needed to look into the actual theme of my video which is a sketchy theme. I wanted to use a sketch theme as the video could easily flow well and I thought it would work well with the kind of song it is, matching it to the kind of genre it is and taking inspiration from other music videos. The main video where I got the sketch theme idea from isĀ a-ha – Take On Me. This iconic video has a huge sketch theme going on within the video, although its mixed with actual footage and the the sketch theme is still gave me inspiration and ideas for my work. The sketches are very detailed and mine are going to be less detailed, the reason for this is because I want as many people as possible to connect with it, and by having no faces just the animation/illustrations people will be able to put their own face on the character and make it personal to them. There is however very little use of colour within this video and I think it can at times feel quite dull and boring by just having black and white, hence why I will be using a lot of colour within my video. This video is the main inspiration for the sketch theme I want to create however with the other videos I have looked at I have taken small parts from those videos and thought how I would want that to look like within my work. After analysing each key aspect for the video I have some great foundations for my music video.